Categories

Friday, March 21, 2014

Sinister Tales-The Newsletter

Does anyone remember visiting a site called zombo? The site was launched back in 1999. You know the site that has a comical welcoming message read by a man with a foreign accent, the flash animation plays in indefinite loops and eventually you get the option of signing up for a newsletter or as it is called the on the site the newZletter this letter supposedly does not exist.
I decided to make my yearly visit to zombo to see if anything new has been put up and to my knowledge nothing has really changed at first. I let the loop play as normal and then decided to press my luck at singing up for the newsletter (I really wish I never have and you will see why in a minute).

After signing up I decided to go to bed as it was nearly 3:00 A.M. I laid down in my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep. About 3:30 A.M I heard my phone buzz and it was just an email alert, I decided to check it out and what I saw surprised me. I received an email from zombo in the subject line it stated welcome to zombo, all the body contained was a hyperlink that said " click this link to change your life at zombocom". Great I thought, so I decided to hop on my desktop and do it from there. I opened my email client, clicked the link and I was taken to what seemed like the normal zombo page, but something was different the greeter had changed to a woman with a very raspy voice, the colored balls that fade in and out were all black and spinning. The voice started making gurgling sounds like they were choking on their own blood. You could hear moaning in the background as if another woman was being pleasured this went on for about 3 minutes then everything faded into white with a single black hyperlink that said "click me newcomer". Disturbed I clicked the link and it took me to a video of what looked like a security cam, it showed a woman strapped to a bed with only a hood over her face. She looked close to death. You could make out a struggle every few seconds. The video cut to static then back you could hear a door open it was a dwarf in full nudity bearing a scalpel in one hand and and a cookie in the other. The dwarf walked up the the woman smiled at the camera, turned around and put a cookie in the the woman's mouth while patting her on the head as if he were a dog getting a treat. After the woman consumed the cookie it seemed like she sprung back to life. The dwarf then proceeded to climb up on the bed next to the woman with his scalpel in hand. Cutting into her midsection you could see the outline of her mouth through the hood as if she was screaming, but the only sound that could be heard was beeping (like morse code). Her midsection was cut wide open, exposing her internal organs. One by one the organs were removed with medical precision. After the organs were removed the camera zoomed in on the woman's hooded face and it seemed as if I could make out a face of absolute terror through her hood. The camera zoomed out and the dwarf was climbing into the woman's midsection, once all the way in he curled up like a fetus and started sucking his thumb. The beeping started up again and then you saw the body go limp. I began to cry, feeling feelings of absolute dread and malice, static played and then the page closed itself out along with my browser.

I was very disturbed and a little bewildered to put it lightly, I know I would not sleep that night. So I decided I would search for zombo's newsletter or any other strange experiences with zombo. After I have searched for about an hour with no luck other than a blog that claimed it to be a government conspiracy, I decided to have a cigarette and come back to it later. When I came back I noticed I had an image burnt into my monitor, it was that of a woman smiling, but this woman looked like she had hit a sheet of glass and then something ruff. Glass was sticking out everywhere. What the hell has happened I thought. Perhaps this is something else I mean an image can't burn into an LCD display can it? I turned off my computer and restarted it. When my monitor turned back on the face was back again, but this time in more detail, I turned it off again and again the face was there but this time it was more of a hyper realistic tone to it. I was pretty upset and realized it was going to be there whether I liked it or not. This time I decided to let the computer boot up all the way , but it seemed to boot up really slowly, so slow in fact I got impatient and dug out my laptop.

I decided while I was waiting I would email my friend Jamie from my laptop and tell her about what was happening. She almost immediately replied, the message had no subject line or body only an attachment titled "SecretMessage.jpg". I opened the attachment and it was a banner with an eye looking sideways through a keyhole with morse code on a strange background". I decided to decode the message using an online decoder and this is what it said "we are watching you" this scared me pretty well. I decided it would be best to call Jamie and find out what was going on. Jamie did not answer, however her sister who lived with her did. When I asked for my friend her sister started crying, she said "I'm sorry but Jamie was murdered yesterday night, someone had smashed her head into her computer monitor, when we found her she was covered in glass smiling, just smiling". I asked her if whoever did this was caught and she replied while crying "no, all they found was a telegraph in her room. I'm sorry but I can't answer any more questions”. Before I could say anything she abruptly hung up. I noticed something sitting in front of my keyboard that wasn't there before. I went over to my desk to see what had been placed on it, only to see the object was a telegraph. The telegraph began transmitting morse code, the sound was almost deafening.
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -.. .-. . .- -- ... .-- .. .-.. .-.. -.. .. . .... . .-. . .- - --.. --- -- -... --- -.-. --- --


No comments:

Post a Comment